Friday, September 12, 2014

Masterpiece Shackwave!!

Okay, now to talk about my Masterpiece Shackwave (Grey Quakewave or Shockwave...). I got him and to be honest, I was almost more excited about him than the purple Shockwave for a number of reasons. First off, as a kid, I grew to really love Shockwave from his early appearance in the Marvel comics. I knew he was purple, but he was actually a darker almost grey in his many depictions in the book it seemed. Either way, I was never able to get him as a kid, and began working to get him once I was an adult and internet, money, etc. made that possible. To my surprise though, I found him very expensive, even in those early days. With that being the case, I did find a grey Shackwave in excellent and working condition for a good price and picked it up. I loved it, and while I do want to someday add the "real" purple one, I have been happy with the grey. Getting back to current day, I actually probably wanted a grey one more than purple, and when I found out ToyDojo was offering an exclusive grey version that was still in stock and affordable, I had to pick him up! Speaking of ToyDojo....

ToyDojo was a retailer I had heard about a few times on various Transformer sites such as TFW2005, but I honestly didn't really look at them too much because I seemed to be in good hands with BigBadToyStore. With this being an exclusive, I had to order from them, and to be honest, I was really blown away. I am really glad I did now, and have actually decided to switch to them going forward. This is for several reasons. As far as this order goes, it met their threshold of orders over $150 get free shipping, which I liked. Then, they shipped the same day I ordered with 2 day priority shipping, so I got it superfast. I usually have to pay BBTS to ship, and when I do, it sits in the warehouse for a day or two, and then they ship. I admit, I pay for less expensive shipping, so I usually have to wait probably 4 or 5 days on average to get it. So in this case, I got it shipped free and much faster than normal. Not done with shipping yet... I also got it packed extremely well! It was tightly wrapped in bubblewrap and packing material. BBTS does that too I guess, but it is not usually done nearly as tight and well. I was really impressed. Still not done yet. When I got it, ToyDojo shipped me free batteries that are not normally included, as well as an additional head for free. If you are still reading this, you are probably wondering why they shipped an extra head free, and I admit, I was too. Well, I went to put the batteries in the head on it, and I found out. I put the batteries in, and turned it on. It lit up, and all seemed good, so then I turned it off. I fiddled around for a minute with my exciting new toy, and decided to turn it on again. Unfortunately, when I did, the switch snapped right off. I almost died! I remembered they sent me the extra head though, so I got to work! I quickly removed the broken one, and replaced it with the spare. I put the batteries in and gave it one more successful test. I will be honest, I am now scared to do it again. Anyone that knows me knows I am careful with my collection, and I was in this case. It breaking was unfortunately due to a poorly constructed switch, and not from me manhandling it. Had ToyDojo not sent me that extra head, I would have been screwed. That really meant a lot to me, and with all that I just mentioned, they won my business. BBTS really has never done anything wrong I would say, but ToyDojo raised the bar to me.

****Also I am editing this now, and adding some more in regards to my new love for ToyDojo! When I got my purple Quakewave, I bought it from an individual who had kept all that he came with but the clear plastic clamshell that he should be stored in within the box. That is okay for most people, but I am really a completionist, and really hated that I couldn't store him in the box and display him that way if I wanted, which I am doing with pretty much all of my Masterpieces until I get a good enclosed display for them. Anyway, I had read before that ToyDojo is known for doing good things for their customers. After my Grey Quakewave had came in so great, and with the free head averting a disaster, I emailed them and thanked them for the exceptional service. They responded it was all good, and told me to let them know if they could help in the future. Well yesterday, I realized that with them having extra parts like that extra head they sent me and all, that maybe they would also have some extra packaging, and might have that bubble. I contacted them and asked, and sure enough they do, and I was told they would send it on my next order. How awesome is that? I love these guys even more now. I am originally from Texas myself, and these guys are in Austin, so that is also cool. Glad to send more business to my home state!

Anyway, check out ToyDojo and the Grey Quakewave if not all their other excellent selection. Link is below.

http://www.toydojo.com/fans-toys-ft-03-toy-dojo-edbombertoys-exclusive-gray-quake-wave/

One final note, with these third party additions, I added what I believe is the true "third-party" Transformers Masterpieces to my Masterpiece page. Click on this Masterpiece link if you care to see. Keep in mind, this is my personal list in regards to those...







No comments: