Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blurr and Kup

Getting Arcee and creating her page last week made me realize I never made pages for the other movie old timers in my collection Blurr and Kup, who have been there for a while. I guess there were many reasons for this; my focus has generally fallen on the earliest releases (like wave 1, etc), as well as not having weapons and accessories for these guys among other things.

Anyway, I created pages for them this morning, and cleaned up some things I noticed were kind of sloppy in my code. Did the same type of code refresh for Arcee and Hot Rod, though their content is the same.

While doing code cleanup, I took another look at the Bumblebee page and was really bothered that the artwork wasn't red to match the toy I have. I knew I had to fix this. After numerous searches with no luck, I saw the only way this was going to happen was if I modified it myself. The problem is, I have no (0) Photoshop skills. The one thing I do know to do, was just because someone showed me a while back. Anyway, I looked for web tutorials, and played with them mostly unsuccessfully for a while. Finally, with trial and error, I was able to do a makeshift change, and it is what is presented at the top of the new Red Bumblebee page. Maybe I will try the techspec at some point, but right now, I am glad to just be done with the main image. It isn't the greatest, but its awesome for me. If anyone can do better, please help!!

**EDIT** Code cleanup for all Autobots whose name starts with A through H....

No comments: