Friday, November 16, 2012

Dance in the Vampire Bund

As I have said, I need to catch up on posts, so thought I would start with some of the more recent shows I watched, and work my way back. That is mostly because the more recently I watched them, the better I can remember the details to comment on. Some of the older shows will be hard to really give a good review on, but to be honest, that is probably a good thing, since those are some shows I really didn't like the most.

Ok, getting on to the review, Dance in the Vampire Bund. I bought this series as a complete set not too long ago from Amazon, who was having a Lightening deal on it. I admit I didn't know much about it, but reading up on it, the premise sounded interesting.

So I watched it all, and to be honest, I mostly thought it was pretty good. This is despite the fact I really felt this show was suppose to be longer and was cut down some. I really felt the main characters had a lot more to their stories that wasn't told. Fortunately, there was enough of each to work with and no obvious holes.

I also have to admit, I was kind of put off at first by the main character Mina, the vampire princess. She gets into situations with Akira, the other main character, in what can only be described as a bit on the provocative side. What is bad about that, is that she looks and usually acts like a little girl. That is just not my thing, and I had to work to get past it. In defense of this, is that she is actually hundreds of years old, and isn't a little girl, but just has that form. She does go into the show later in more normal adult situations, and it does get easier to see past the look she has. It was really difficult at first however.

Anyway, getting down to it, and not spoiling anything, the show mostly deals with vampires coming out into the human world, and how they deal with things. Both with humans, and also how things are handled internally among themselves. It also works to expand the relationship and its complexities of the two main characters. As I said, I did like it a lot, and was disappointed it wasn't a longer series. In letter grade terms, I give it a B+ to A-.



Dance in the Vampire Bund



No comments: