Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gungrave

Ok, good news! I hated Full Metal Panic, but I followed that with Gungrave, which I liked a lot. I really liked the main character Brandon and his intricate story with Maria, Big Daddy and of course Harry MacDowell. I loved seeing how the story unwound in the past, and to see the definitive conclusion to all at the end. I hate to keep bringing up FMP, but this was an exact opposite in regards to character development, and I really grew to develop feelings and emotions for the characters in the show. Even the bad guys.... There was moments of happiness when something good happened as well as that feeling of sadness/disappointment when something bad did. The whole crime/mafia aspect of the show was also a fun diversion from the normal anime fare...

I did really like this series, and consider it one of the better ones I have seen. There are some other series I have that might beat it to the top of my list, but this show would definitely make it very high. A++ from me!




Gungrave Series

No comments: