Friday, September 5, 2008

American Idol Tour

Last night went with my wife to the American Idol Tour concert. I have to admit, I really wasn't looking forward to it. I have watched the show with my wife the last few years, but have always felt that the show has a little too much drama, and that most of the time the people at the end won more a popularity contest than talent contest. Last year I did think was better though, and it did translate to me actually enjoying the concert to a certain degree. My favorites were Carly and Cook. I liked them both the best at the concert as well. I guess the best thing is, that there was not anyone in the top 10 I really hated with this group. So for the concert, even the artist that I didn't care for as much still were okay to watch. Cook was awesome at the end with his version of Billy Jean. I actually will probably buy the CD for this winner for the first time. My wife did have fun, and we got her some cool souvenirs for her studio such as a group poster, a program, and photos of Carly and Cook. of course, while she enjoyed it, I do think she is overly infatuated with New Kids right now.......

No comments: