Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Out to lunch...

Well, I finally added something else a little different to my collection. A metal Transformers lunchbox. I have already had the red plastic one that has the original box art scene with Optimus Prime for a while, but haven't gotten around to getting this one until now.

This is mostly due to several things. Starting at the beginning, as a kid I never got it because of the other lunch boxes I had at the time. I had the red plastic one mentioned above, but also I remember having the metal Pac-Man one and I think a G.I. Joe one. I feel like I might have had another, but it escapes me at the moment. Anyway, there weren't too many years I actually carried a lunch box, and I think this one kind of fell in at the end of that run and couldn't make it in. I always thought it was very cool though and wished I had got it years later. Anyway, moving to more recent, I occasionally have remembered to look for it, but every time I have (mostly on eBay) they are usually really beat up and rusty, and are either missing a thermos completely, or have the wrong one with it (the old Optimus Prime/Megatron thermos). If it has been in good shape and complete, it has gone for way more than I wanted to pay for it.

Well, I found the one I just bought now finally on eBay in pretty good shape (far from perfect, but pretty good I think. The best I have seen in a while. It also came with the real thermos that I am pretty sure it was suppose to come with that has Powermaster Prime and other Headmasters etc on it. I will add it to my "Others" page, but you can also see a couple of pics below...




No comments: